Good Afternoon,
My kindergarten teacher was the third mother to respond to my post. She told me that she was a stay at home mother until her boys were old enough to go to school. Her three boys have all graduated now and she has become a mother for some foster children and has adopted children. "She can now see how much has to 'slide' to be a mom with a job outside the home." She says she could never do it if it wasn't for her husband who is incredibly helpful. She quotes, "My house is messier, I get ready faster, I miss milestones, I miss the kids, I feel like I miss everything important" to end her explanation of how being a mother has changed her professional life.
After reading this response and the response before this I comment to the teachers and said "thanks for the input. All you teachers are scaring me to be a teacher and a mother :S I know I'm going to miss so much of my children's lives so sad to think...thank you!" As I am on the road to becoming an elementary education teacher I am quickly learning that I will have two families to manage: one at home and one at school. It is sad to think that the family I will see the most is going to be the family I will have at school but since I am so dedicated to becoming a teacher I will cherish which ever family I can get.
Ms. Red
No comments:
Post a Comment