Good Afternoon!
Are you ready to watch some more clips and hear some more advice for women and mothers?
Shelly Lazarus explains how women must give up perfect and somehow find acceptance within themselves. Her clip is titled: Giving up Perfect
I can relate to this clip, very much so, even though I am only a student. Growing up my mother would tell me that my work was always good but unless I felt that it was perfect I would keep redoing it. The same thing went with me putting on my shoes as a child; if my sock was folded or creased I would have to put my shoe on over and over until my sock was just right or "perfect" within my shoe.
Are women able to handle all the duties that are asked of them? Katie Couric talks about Women's Tightrope Dance. She also mentions how men are never asked about their work life balance. This short clip made me think of the duties that women accomplish versus those that men accomplish. What are your thoughts on this?
A few more clips to come,
Ms. Red
No comments:
Post a Comment