Thursday, December 12, 2013

Good Afternoon,
The last two clips that I want to share have really made me think about being a working mother in the United States. The first one by Diane von Furstenberg: An Identity Outside the Home opened my eyes to how many mothers are actually working outside the home. The numbers that she mentions in this clip are very eye opening and they are also only for one career. There are many different careers out there that women/mothers can be working in.

Lastly Jennifer Siebel Newsom speaks to us once again about Paid Parental Leave in the United States. Why can't we be like other countries and recognize the importance of parenting? Is this country too revolved around money now-a-days? Part of me wants to pack up and move before I have a child(ren) to a country that will be more accepting of me being a mother.

Hope I've gotten your brains thinking a little,
Ms. Red

No comments:

Post a Comment