Thursday, September 12, 2013


Good Afternoon,
On Labor day I decided to go to the fair with a few friends. We were not interested in riding the rides but more interested in just walking around and seeing what all the Sheboygan County Fair had to offer. As I was walking to a food booth to get an Elephant Ear I witnessed a middle aged man pushing a stroller with a child in it. The stroller had about three cups in the cup holders on it and it was filled with lots of other things. As he was pushing the stroller and stuff was falling out of the sides of it he had a lit cigarette in one hand and turned around to yell at another child to hurry up. I was sick by watching this man. I can only imagine what happens when these children are at home with this man. The child that he was yelling at to hurry up was about two or three years old and I'm sure could not keep up with how fast he was moving. I am interested in hearing what your thoughts are on this situation.

Here are my thoughts on the observation. I think that it was completely wrong for that man to be yelling at the young child to hurry up. The way I look at the situation is that they were at the fair most likely to spend the day and I don't think they were in much of a hurry to get anywhere else. I am of course just assuming all of this information but I don't think a young child should ever be yelled at for the size of their legs and for not being able to keep up. It was this mans choice to allow this child to be walking around at the fair and he should be more willing to accommodate the child's needs of having to walk a little slower so the child could keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment