Thursday, September 26, 2013

Good Afternoon,
About a week ago I celebrated my 21st birthday. My roommate took me out on a shopping adventure the day before to get a birthday outfit. During our shopping adventure we stopped to eat dinner. We went to a very good restaurant where I witnessed a young girl out to dinner with her mother and grandmother. As she walked into the restaurant she had cute little pig tales in and seemed so very well behaved until they were walking to the table. She fused a little bit as they got to the table and the mother said "What is wrong? Go sit with grandma." The little girl walked away from the table and over to the high-chairs. The little girl was fussing because she did not want to go to the table without a high-chair. The mother told the server that she could grab the high-chair but that the girl was most likely not going to sit in it. As I looked over at the little girl she was sitting in the high-chair. I thought to myself how amazing it is that even at a young age such as 2 or 3, children know what they want or know what is best for them. What are your thoughts on my thinking? Do you agree that children know what is best for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment